There are many reasons to throw an anniversary party.
- You need a do-over. Your wedding was stressful and you were so busy and overwhelmed you hardly enjoyed it.
- Your parents are celebrating their 25th – 50th anniversary and you are either 1) conscientious and would like to show how much you care about them. 2) you were a terrible twit and would like to show them how you have changed.
- You would like to celebrate with your friends and family because you love parties and what better reason to celebrate than an anniversary?
Once you have decided to plan an anniversary party there are few things to keep in mind.
- Invitations – Anniversaries are more formal than housewarming parties, so why not send paper invites? Make sure to include what anniversary it is and if gifts are necessary or not.
- Should your anniversary party have a theme? – It depends on the couple. Anyone who is close to them will know whether they are ‘theme party types’ or not.
If you do choose a theme you could base it on the decade in which they were married. Match your décor and entertainment to the time period, and create a playlist of the decade’s most popular songs.
Anniversary ideas –
- Order a replica wedding cake to display.
- Match your décor to the couple’s wedding colors.
- Display the couple’s wedding album for guests to peruse, and consider including a recent snapshot as a fun comparison.
- Create a video tribute to display at the event.
- Have an anniversary party guestbook available, which doubles as décor and a gift to the happy couple!
- The food – A buffet is the best way to serve food rather than a sit-down meal. This encourages people to mingle. That Personal Touch Catering can recommend buffet choices or help you to create a custom buffet for the anniversary party.
- The significance – Anniversaries are a big deal. Don’t forget to capture the anniversary party in photographs. Furthermore, if there is any time for a speech other than a wedding, it is the anniversary party. Either the host or the couple should take a moment to thank everyone who attended and share a memory about the couple or each other.
Why should brides and grooms get all the fun? Celebrate your long-lasting commitment and plan an anniversary party at The Franciscan Event Center.