5 Tips for Planning a Denver Wedding
Planning a wedding is not an easy task. I’m sure you’ve heard all the horror stories from friends and family. Here at The Franciscan we try to make planning your wedding as painless as possible. Whether this means helping you create the perfect wedding menu, going the extra mile to set up a one-of-a-kind reception hall or referring you to the best vendors, we are here to help.
Check out these 5 tips to help plan your wedding in the Denver area and please let us know if you have any questions or comments.
1. Nail down your guest list – First things first. Lets nail down that guest list! The number of guests you expect to attend directly influences so many things when planning your wedding including venue, menu, reception area, bar costs, and more. Figure out your guest list and prioritize it. One can usually expect 30% to decline your invite. Look at your budget and see if you can include plus 1s. Once you have a good estimate of guests, then you can move on to other things.
2. Figure out your budget – Everyone has a different wedding budget. Figure out what yours is going to be and try and stick to it. Here is a basic budget:
• 50% Reception
• 10% Attire
• 10% Entertainment
• 10% Photo/Video
• 3% Gifts
• 2% Invites
• 5% Miscellaneous
Notice that 10% is missing. Try and leave yourself 5-10% for emergency and unforeseen expenses. The Knot has a helpful wedding budget tool. Check out www.theknot.com/budgeter
3. Keep organized – Staying organized can save you lots of headache and confusion throughout the entire wedding planning process. Try setting up an email address just for the wedding so everything is in one place. Use a 3-ring binder to keep cut outs, receipts and ideas. You can also use an online organizer like theknot.com. (Be sure to check out our profile!)
4. Pick a convenient location – Make sure when looking in the Denver area that you are conveniently located. Are hotels nearby important? Will the city traffic affect your wedding? Check for events and holidays. Centennial is a great place for a wedding near Denver because of its close proximity to the city and the nearby amenities.
5. Choose an accommodating menu – Choosing the menu can be easy with the right help. Think about what options you would like to offer your guests. How much do you want to spend? We can help you figure out a delicious menu that fits all personalities and tastes! Also, think about your bar options. Maybe you can save money on the food in order to have a 1-hour open bar?
If you have any questions regarding these tips or anything else, please contact us. We are happy to help. At The Franciscan Event Center we have been helping brides and grooms have the wedding of their dreams since 1981. We are looking forward to the greatest day of your life as much as you are!